In this video Imma tell you all about what to pack for your life at sea. Essentially, I can't really give you a one-size fits all list as it depends on where you're going/when/ what you normally require/ what your job will be, etc.
Generally speaking, you will need:
-2 weeks worth of socks and underwear (including bras/pantyhose if you're a girl)
- 4-5 tops/bottoms (long or short or a mix depending on your itinerary)
-a couple of formal outfits
- a jacket (heavier if you're going somewhere cool)/ a sweatshirt
- shoes for work (whatever is required) and play (gym shoes, beach shoes etc)
- a bathing suit
- pyjamas (your room mate will appreciate you not being naked)
- anything else you've been told you need for work by your manager
- your passport/visas (if necessary)
-all work documentation you've been told to bring (LOE, medical, etc)
- Toiletries (the stuff you normally use and nothing extra)/meds
-Laptop, camera, cell, chargers, universal adaptors
-Money, a credit card
-Make your carry on a backpack you can take out in port/on excursions and your luggage a rolling duffel or soft shell suitcase. Try and put everything you need into one suitcase to save on space in your room.
Many other things you can get when onboard- you'll find you'll probably want to go out and buy your own pillowcases, sheets etc..snacks..whatever will make you more comfortable in your room/in your job
As always if you have any MORE questions or there’s anything you want to see, let me know!
Follow my journey on Instagram for in-port photos! https://www.instagram.com/m1chelletim/
View my last video Cruise Crew Q&EH here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmRlXvQiB4